Friday, December 17, 2010

Vin chaud for when it's cold

Pin It Now!

Vin Chaud recipe
In Germany they have glühwein. In France they have vin chaud (warm wine). I'm sure there may be technical differences between the two, but when I was in France I loved the vin chaud much, much better than glühwein. It reminds me of a winterized sangria. It's quite delicious and is sure to warm you from your head to your toes. And make you feel really happy too!


Vin chaud


Ahhhhh. C'est la vie!


I just eyeballed the amounts, but here is what I used:
bottle of dry red wine (cheap works great!)
brown sugar
clementines very thinly sliced
apple chopped into small pieces
dash of cinammon
cinammon stick for garnish (optional)

Place all in a pot and bring to a simmmer.  Add a little bit of each ingredient at a time, taste and adjust.  Serve warm and enjoy life as the french do.  Enjoy!


xoxo


B

1 comment:

  1. GREAT photos!!!

    Vin chaud sounds amazing right about now!!

    ReplyDelete