Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mini photo session at home

Pin It Now!

Well it's definitely fall in Germany and though fall is a gorgeous time of year for photography, it's just too cold and dreary to be outside today.    I really wanted to take some photos of the kids today, so I set up shop in my living room

I'm no pro. And I don't really know what I'm talking about.  But I do know what I like when it comes to photos.  With a little rearranging and creativity I was able to create a simple space in my living room for taking photos without it looking like the setting of a living room. 

Here's what I had to work with:



Nothin' fancy here. 

If you'd like to create your own mini home studio here is my non professional advice:

Be as close to natural lighting as possible.  A nice large window is great place to set up. 

Look around your house for things that can be used as props.  Couch pillows, cushions,a ladder, chairs, wicker baskets.  You get the idea.  Think about the purpose of your photos and what type of look you want.  Clean and simple?  Thematic?  Play around with different things.  Move furniture around if you need to.



Use household decor as props.   Books, bowls, clocks, blankets, even kitchen utensils could make for a cute scene. Get creative.



Enjoy :)

xoxo

Becca

2 comments:

  1. Love it! So sweet! What a great idea! Fall is my favorite time of year and probably the picture folder of seasons that fills up the quickest! Love...love...LoVe Fall! Great idea!~XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos turned out great! Thanks for the tips :-)

    ReplyDelete