Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dinosaur toddler memory game

Pin It Now! I've been wanting to make a memory card game for Little Wright for a long time.  This past week I finally had the time and energy to do it.  A few months back I found this digital scrapbooking site at The Noshery.  She was making homemade treats for Christmas and used some artwork found at DesignerDigitals.com

They have great artwork (for relatively cheap) that can be printed and used for your crafts.

I actually printed 8 different cards even though only two are shown.  Here's what you do:
1) I used illustrator, but you could easily create these cards in Word.  Just set up your document page as if you were creating labels.



2) To use the dinosaur images I used, click this link.  The graphics were created by Mindy Terasawa.

3) Insert the graphics into your word document (or InDesign or Illustrator) and then print. 

4) Cut out the cards and tape the front(dinosaur image) and back(the green image) together. Voila!

I started with 3 different cards at first.  Little Wright still doesn't totally get the concept of trying to match the cards.  But she does understand 'same' and 'different'.  She loves dinosaurs and carries these in her little purse.  Eventually she will get that it is a game, but the lesson she learned is recognizing and knowing the words 'same' and 'different'.

No comments:

Post a Comment