Sunday, July 15, 2012

Health the DIY Way

Pin It Now! Guten Morgan!


Hope everyone has a lazy and peaceful Sunday to look forward to today. I had some girlfriends over last night and one of the many topics we discussed was health and finding the motivation and time to work out and eat healthier.  We need a reason to WANT to workout and everyone has their own reasons. For many of us finding the time in a day to commit an hour or even just 45min to working out is so unappealing. The other thing is boredom. Not all of us can get to the gym and doing the same workout videos can get boring quick. 


Last month I was searching for online pilates workout and came across the site Blogilates. The first workout I did by Cassey was the Pop Pilates Bikini workout. 


It's less than 15 minutes, but holy cow does she work ya!! She suggests doing her video 2-3 more times for a full 45-60min workout. But what I really love is the flexibility. If I only feel like doing 15 min one day, I can do just 15min. I believe doing something is better than nothing and it keeps you going and not stagnant. I also love that I can mix and match videos. I can do an arms workout for 5 min and then do an abs workout for 15min and then a leg workout for 10minutes. My inner control freak loves this woman! Each of her workouts are challenging so I always feel good no matter what and best of all her videos are FREE!! 


The other thing we talked about was eating. I love eating raw at least 50% of the day. Raw meaning not cooked and not processed food. Raw fruits and veggies for the most part. I'm tellin' ya, eating a bowl of cut up, cold cucumbers, tomatoes, red bell peppers and some diced avocados is one of the yummiest meals ever. And it fills you up completely without any guilt. Juicing fruits and vegetables is also an excellent way to get tons of fruits and vegetables in one sitting. I recommend Kimberly Snyder's website and blog for more information about raw and clean eating and juicing.


I have a lot of healthy recipes that I'll be sharing on here in the future and today I want to share one of my favorite smoothie recipes. I just call this a Triple Berry Smoothie.






Ingredients
1/2 cup frozen Blueberries
1/2 cup Raspberries
1/2 cup Strawberries
1/2 cup Spinach,
1/2 cup Plain Greek yogurt 
8oz water
1 scoop plant based protein powder


Place everything in a blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend until smooth.


I like to use frozen blueberries because it makes the drink really cold.
This yields enough for one serving. I'm part of a juicing group on facebook and one of the people suggesting serving juice or smoothies in a wine glass. It does make it a little more fun to drink :)

Eating healthy can easily be a DIY method. Make your own food. From scratch. Fresh, wholesome ingredients. Our bodies don't need all the extra nonsense. Working out to get great results doesn't have to involve a personal trainer or fancy gym. You can do it yourself!

I'd love to hear about recipes and workout others do, so please share in the comments!

Tschüs,

xoxo Frau Wright



No comments:

Post a Comment