Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin Parfaits

Pin It Now! Pumpkin Parfaits

I haven't made a dessert in a really long time.  Most desserts I want to make involve flour.  And anything that involves flour is an automatic disaster in my kitchen.  I can't bake.  One of these days I think I will try and learn.  But until then I'm cool with stuff that doesn't involve much flour.  Like these grogeous, beautiful and very pretty pumpkin parfaits.

They really are so simple to make.  As long as where you live they sell canned pumpkin.  And where I live canned pumpkin is scarce.  Thankfully my good friend Mama with Flavor was nice enough to give me one of her cans of pumpkin!  I owe her my life now :)

Wouldn't these be beautiful on a Thanksgiving dessert table? Ooooh or for a fall brunch!  Or dessert for a dinner party!

Please make these :)

xoxo

B

Ingredients

  • 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (2 1/4 tsp)

  • 1/4 cup cold water

  • 1 (15-oz) can pure pumpkin

  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar

  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

  • 1/8 teaspoon salt

  • 2 1/4 cups chilled heavy cream, divided

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, divided

  • 20 gingersnap cookies, coarsely crushed




  • Equipment:


    8 (6- to 8-oz) glasses





  • Sprinkle gelatin over water in a small saucepan and let soften 1 minute. Bring to a bare simmer, stirring until gelatin has dissolved. Whisk together gelatin mixture, pumpkin, brown sugar, spices, and salt in a large bowl.


  • Beat 1 cup cream with 1/2 tsp vanilla until it holds soft peaks, then fold into pumpkin mixture gently but thoroughly.


  • Beat remaining 1 1/4 cups cream with remaining 1 tsp vanilla until it holds soft peaks.


  • Spoon about 1/4 cup pumpkin mixture into bottom of each glass, then sprinkle with some of cookies and top with about 2 Tbsp whipped cream. Repeat layers once, ending with cream.


  • Chill until set, at least 2 hours.



Cooks’ notes: Parfaits can be made 1 day ahead and chilled.




Recipe by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez via Gourmet.com


9 comments:

  1. Those parfaits is out of this world beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look beautiful!
    My mother isn't a baker either, her desserts are always a mousse or parfait, or fresh berries with loads of fresh cream. I'll have to pass this recipe on to her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those really are beautiful, I think they'd be a showstopper on a T-giving table!
    I bet you can bake better than you think, though ;)
    I hope you do give my PB cookies with Reese's Pieces a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these really look spectacular! As an American expat in the UK I also have trouble finding canned pumpkin so when I do I buy loads and hoard it. But so far I've only made pumpkin pies with it and I think everyone is truly bored with them--this will be on my list for next Thanksgiving!

    Very nice site by the way! Ive enjoyed looking through it. Im a new follower now and I shall enjoy returning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Michelloui! Love your site too. Always fun to meet fellow expats, even if it is just virtually :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great, I love how pretty they are and they don't seem like they would be as filling as most holiday desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. [...] gobble pillowpumpkin parfaitsgive thanks bunting Share this:FacebookStumbleUpon Pin It Filed Under: Uncategorized Tagged [...]

    ReplyDelete