Friday, February 4, 2011

Little Wright's room inspiration

Pin It Now! I'm really excited to decorate my daughter's room.  Since living in Germany I haven't given much effort to really making her space girly and pretty.  I blame the pregnancy and craziness of last year.  This was her room back home:


I bought the letters to spell "Dream" from Hobbly Lobby and painted them green.  I actually may do that again for her new room.

The room wasn't completed in this pic, but I love the colors.  Green and pink are so perfect for a little girl.  Green is my favorite color and complimented with pink it's girly and fresh.  I haven't quite figured out what color or even if we should paint her new room.  Hubby's contract is for 3 years with a possibility to extend two more years after that.  I don't think we will be here past 3 years, but who knows with us.  It's like 3 years isn't that long, but it is. And the landlord will paint the walls when we move out anyway regardless of if we paint or not. What would you do?

Besides the paint I have some ideas I love for her room. 

[caption id="attachment_1188" align="aligncenter" width="390" caption="Pottery Barn girl's room"][/caption]

I just love how bright and happy this looks.  The storage under the bed is both practical and cute.

I also really like this quilt:

[caption id="attachment_1189" align="aligncenter" width="383" caption="Pottery Barn flower quilt"][/caption]

I will most likely go with this one,  I'm in love.  Annnnnnnnnnnd, it's on sale :) 

Since her room is going to be a little on the smaller side (though actually I kind of think perfect for a kid her age) I have to be really on point with the storage/organization.  The one thing ikea is super good for!!  I really like this idea inspired by PB:

[caption id="attachment_1190" align="aligncenter" width="383" caption="Pottery Barn storage"][/caption]

For artwork I will most likely look to etsy because etsy is the best.

And lastly, what girly girl room is complete without a princess canopy over the bed?

[caption id="attachment_1191" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Pink canopy from amazon"][/caption]

And at only $20 bucks (versus the $120 canopy at PB!) it's a bargain.

:)

B

2 comments:

  1. Pink and green is always so pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] few months ago I posted some ideas for Little Wright’s room.  As usual I started out with one idea and it completely transformed into something different.  [...]

    ReplyDelete